Friday 17 June 2011

It must be time to get a shader 3.0 display card

Today I managed to borrow my friend's Rainbow 6 Vegas DVD.  Anxious to get home and feeling excited the game installed without any problem, but the game just wouldn't initiate.  I then remembered a site called "Can You Run It" which checks the game's system requirement against my own hardware system.  The report that the site generated gave me a failed rating for not having the proper display card.  Feeling really disheartened, I asked Mr.Google a few question and was comforted with the answer that there was such a software called "3D Analyze" which can emulate some of the latest display card.  I guess the way it does that is by pulling resources over and beyond what is required by the game to use it as 'extra' display resources.  I wasted no time in downloading and installing the emulator. My god, when the emulator loaded, it was one of the geekiest interface I have seen.  With about 30 or 40 check boxes, I could not understand any ONE of them.  So, when I fell back onto Mr.Google, I was told that the 3D Analyze could only emulate shader 2.0 but the game nevertheless required a shader 3.0 (not that I understood the difference, but I gathered that shader 3.0 is highly resource hungry).  If not playing this highly popular game is an option, it must be time to folk out those HK$350 for a new display card.  That way I can have dual monitor as well, I have always wanted one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment